Arnett Hills PTA
“One person can’t do everything, but everyone can do something”
If you’d like to know more or are interested in joining the PTA please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on our latest event visit: www.pta-events.co.uk/arnetthills
PTA purpose & objectives
Our aim is to build partnerships between parents, children, staff and the community that create an exciting, fun and safe environment for our children to learn and grow. Each year we:
- Organise exciting and fun events for the children to enhance their school experience
- Raise vital funds to purchase equipment and finance school enhancement projects
- To support the staff and school in any way possible by volunteering, donating and participating in events, activities and school improvement projects
- Provide opportunities for families to meet on a social basis and to improve the links and communications between school and home
Our PTA is a fun, friendly and inclusive group!! We’d love for you to get involved in any way that suits you. By joining the PTA, you have an amazing opportunity to:
Make new friends and meet parents from other classes
- Share and learn new skills (for your CV)
- Help the local community
- Be a mentor to your child; demonstrating how we can all contribute to school life
Every parent automatically becomes a member of the PTA when they join the school, you just need to decide how much you want to participate and shape the future of the school for your child; one person can’t do everything, but everyone can do something.
How can you/your partner/grandparents get involved?
Give your time (or ask friends and family for theirs): Volunteer to help at an event, bake a cake, donate a raffle prize – every offer of help is welcome.
Donate your expertise: Do you have a skill or hobby that could help us? Designer, gardener, baker, event planning, accountant, web expert, GDPR guru, just drop us a little email and tell us what you can do (or anyone you know who would be willing to help).
Ask your/your partners/families’ employer: Can your company or employer help us; whether it’s fund matching schemes or donating a prize for the raffle, please do ask around for us, you’d be surprised what people will happily donate to help!
Join the PTA: The PTA is run by a small group of parents; we are all busy and most are working so we’re always looking for more volunteers; events can only continue if we have people to organise and help out. Each class has their own class rep so please do speak to them to find out how you can become more involved. If you have suggestions for how you would like to see monies being spent or ideas for fundraising/events, please send an email to: email@example.com
Continuous fundraising efforts:
Every contribution helps no matter how small; please do take a moment to join Easyfundraising and AmazonSmile where the retailers make a donation every time you shop with them:
Easyfundraising – get access to exclusive discounts and voucher codes and raise money for Arnett Hills PTA every time you shop with hundreds of retailers! For more details how you can join, please use the following link:
Amazon Smile – Login to Amazon Smile the page that donates to charity every time you shop on Amazon. For more details on how to setup Amazon smile:
Ensuring you are on Amazon.co.uk search for Arnett Hills or use the following link:
TotalGiving – Make one-off & regular donations online – please select the Gift Aid box if you are a UK taxpayer to ensure the government tops up your donation by 25%: https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/arnett-hills-parent-teacher-association
School Lottery – You have to be in it to win it!!!!
Our mini lottery is a little bit of fun where you have a chance to win a cash prize every month!! ALL PROFITS GO TO THE PTA!
Eligible players include; parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and neighbours, we currently have around 40 balls in the draw, so the odds of your ball being drawn are great!!
Purchase a ball/number by monthly standing order (£4.33 per month per ball – you can buy as many as you like).
The draw takes place on the first Friday of every month. To buy a ball please drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and responsibilities
If you are considering joining the PTA but not sure exactly what’s involved or you’re worried about the commitment, here is a short summary:
Chair of Committee/Co-chairs provides leadership, direction and guidance to the group.
Experienced Supporter has a defined function, carries out specific duties and plays an active role in shaping the PTA and bringing ideas to life (roles include; Treasurer, Secretary, Marketing Lead, Events Lead, Finance Lead, Volunteer Co-ordinator)
Regular Supporter attends committee meetings, generates ideas and helps bring them to life
Regular Helper at events and with ad hoc requests
Occasional Helper at events and with as hoc requests
Class Reps oversee communications between parents & teachers
Investing in our school and our children
The PTA is proud to have consistently raised money for a wide variety of projects and activities including:
- New computer suite – £20,000
- Sports track; we contributed – £4,000
- Reading Scheme books for Reception & Infants – £1,240
- Workshops and outings for each class – in excess of £1,000
- Watersmeet Christmas Panto tickets every year – £2,280
- Refurb of year 2 cloakroom area – £1,875
- Refurb of year 4 cloakroom area – £1,925
- Cycling training years 5 & 6 – £453
- Leavers’ year books – £585
- Circus day – £2,150
- Classroom supplies & school resources in excess of £1,800
…and so much more!!
It is with the vital funding provided by the PTA through the generosity and support of our parents, teachers and friends that all children can take part in these educational excursions and extracurricular activities. Every year, the PTA organises lots of fun events and activities for our children and families, these have included:
- Summer & Christmas Fayre
- Easter Egg Hunt and Mini Fayre
- Roller Discos
- Halloween and Christmas Disco
- Ice lolly, sweet, cake and second-hand uniform sales
- Non-school uniform days
In 2020-21 we will be raising money for the following:
- Scooter and bicycle ‘parking’ facilities: as an increasing number of children use them
- Individual PE mats to replace old deteriorating ones
- New class reading books
- A place for the children to reflect: A World Peace Circle near the tree past the cargo net; a large circle (paving slabs, curved edges and curved benches)
Keeping in touch
Look out for regular updates in our monthly newsletters and your class reps.
Please login to our new PTA Events page to see details of upcoming events and make donations online.