The values and ethos of Arnett Hills JMI states that we aim to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and beyond, preparing pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
We aim to eliminate unlawful racial discrimination and to promote equality of opportunity and good relations between people of different groups. We aim to give pupils the opportunity to mix with and learn with, from and about those from different backgrounds. We also aim to raise children’s awareness of global human rights.
We neither discriminate nor tolerate discrimination against anyone, be they staff or pupil. We actively address discrimination against individuals deemed to have a protected characteristic (as outlined in the Equality Act 2010):
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- religion or belief
- sex (gender)
- sexual orientation
- To model the equality behaviours and attitudes we wish to promote in our school community
- To educate about and challenge stereotypes
- To educate about and challenge prejudice
- To provide appropriate experiences and resources which promote positive messages and images of protected characteristics and which support delivery of the curriculum
- To provide fair access for all learners and adults
- To narrow the learning gap between different groups