- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and learn free from the disruption of others
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination
- Rewards, sanctions and reasonable force are used consistently by staff, in line with the behaviour policy
- The behaviour policy is understood by pupils and staff
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life
- The exclusions policy explains that exclusions will only be used as a last resort, and outlines the processes involved in permanent and fixed-term exclusions
The governing body also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
The written statement of behaviour principles is reviewed by the school every year.